Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thanks for visiting

Over the coming month I will be posting regularly (4-5 days a week) about my experiences while working for Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans. The point of all this is raising awareness about the situation on the ground in New Orleans right now, nearly two years after Hurricane Katrina- albeit from the perspective of a young, temporary volunteer.

Some days I might just tell you what we did on the house we worked on, but on others I will make wider points about the process of rebuilding, repopulating, and renewing New Orleans. I encourage all kinds of comments and questions, perhaps even especially the antagonistic ones! There are a great deal of social, economic, and political questions about how this rebuilding process can and should occur, and I'm more than happy to engage in a discussion of them. So if you've got one, post it. I'll respond, and hopefully others will too.

No comments: